SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an inseparable and must-have part of digital marketing. SEO optimization ensures that your content will be ahead of millions of content so that you can make a good impression on the internet. That’s why Rank Math vs Yoast SEO comparison is crucial.
Rank Math and Yoast SEO are the two most popular SEO plugins in WordPress. Choosing one of them could be confusing as both plugins perform extraordinarily and are widely popular. In this article, we will discuss different aspects of these two plugins and give you a proper insight on which one you should trust for your website’s SEO.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Comparison: Introduction
Rank Math is a Search Engine Optimization WordPress plugin. Though it has not been long since this plugin came on the market, It has gained great popularity in a short period. Rank Math plugin is available in both free and premium versions. Currently, this plugin has 1M+ active installations, and its users are growing daily. The Rank Math SEO plugin is known for its high performance, flexible features, and premium customer support.
The Yoast SEO is the #1 ranked Search Engine Optimization plugin worldwide. This plugin was launched in 2010 and is by far the most popular WordPress SEO plugin. So compared to Rank Math, the Yoast SEO plugin has been ruling the market for quite a long time. It has 5M+ active installations, and the number is increasing every day. You can use this plugin with the best SEO themes for WordPress to achieve better performance. The Yoast SEO is loved by everyone because of its incredible performance, useful features, and amazing customer support.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Comparison: Features
- Setting and adjusting SEO titles and meta descriptions to the individual content.
- Controlling text and images for social media platforms.
- Analyzing and setting up the content based on a focus keyword
- Automatically improves image SEO and sets title and alt tags.
- You will get suggestions in the editor for linking other site contents, which is called internal linking.
- You will get a count for the external and internal content using the link counter
- Basic WooCommerce SEO is available to increase your WooCommerce shop’s visibility on the internet.
- You can track your website’s search engine ranking and analyze your keyword performance for the last 12 months.
- Personal AI assistant
- Advanced SEO analytics module
- 20+ premade schema types
- Advanced schema generator
- Social media images get automatically watermarked.
- Integration of Google Trends
- SEO sitemap of Google Video
- SEO sitemap of Google News
- Add schema markup sitewide.
- You can enter only one focus keyword to analyze and set up your content SEO.
- You can add breadcrumbs to your website
- Cornerstone content is available. You can mark the most important pages as ‘Cornerstone’ content and add more internal links.
- Create templates for your content and adjust and set up and adjust SEO titles and meta descriptions.
- Basic WooCommerce SEO is available in the free version.
- Link counter to count internal and external links in individual content.
- The Premium version includes redirecting and managing 301 and 302 redirects.
- Internal link block automatically adds a block or relevant and important links instead of adding those manually.
- Unlike the free version, you can analyze and set up content SEO by focusing on multiple keywords.
- You can also generate related keyphrases based on data provided by SEMrush.
- The local SEO feature helps you add analyzed data for local businesses. Local SEO also supports multiple locations and enhances contact pages.
- Proper options and suggestions to get your videos indexed on Google Videos.
- Advanced WooCommerce SEO like XML sitemaps, social media graphs, etc.
Although you can use different kinds of best WordPress analytics plugins, Yoast SEO is different from others in which you can blindly trust on
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Setup Process
In Rank Math vs Yoast SEO comparison, it is crucial to consider the setup process. After you complete the installation process, the Rank Math plugin takes you to a setup wizard when you launch the plugin for the first time. The setup wizard provides all the basic configuration settings you need to work on. This setup process is divided into Easy, Advanced, and Custom. You can start with any features based on your skill, requirements, and license purchase. You can install this plugin with any most popular theme in WordPress.
In the setup wizard, you will configure various features like analytics, sitemaps, optimization, etc., if you choose the Easy mode. On the other hand, the Advanced mode has several other options to work on, like role manager, redirection, schema markup, etc.
The Rank Math provides a complete setup wizard that guides you through all the necessary settings you need to set up proper SEO for your content.
After finishing the setup wizard, you will be redirected to the Module Manager, where you can enable or disable any module and configure them as you see fit.
Like all other premium and incredible plugins, the Yoast SEO also included a setup wizard that guides you through setting up the basic configurations you need before you optimize content for SEO. The setup wizard takes you through settings like sitewide schema data, SEO templates, site indexing, etc. The setup process of the plugin is the same in all the best simple WordPress themes you use.
Like the WordPress dashboard, the SEO Yoast dashboard also shows tips, suggestions, and any error or issue you are having with Yoast SEO modules.
The Yoast SEO also included a Module Manager, where you can enable or disable a module and also configure them.
Rank Math vs. Yoast SEO: User Interface
If you are using the classic editor, then the Rank Math SEO will appear in your page’s meta box. You will see a settings tab at the top of the Rank Math section, divided into General, Advanced, Schema, and Social. Using these four sections, you have to work to set up the best SEO for the particular content.
Rank Math has an intuitive and flexible user interface for users of all skill levels. From its dashboard, you are able to configure all the modules, general settings, sitemap settings, and many more.
Yoast SEO is integrated with the meta box of your pages or posts. From here, you can perform all necessary SEO optimization for your content.
The Yoast SEO provides an interactive dashboard. Its intuitive user interface is flexible for everyone to make configuration settings as they prefer. You will also have notifications in your dashboard if any module got issues or you need to update something.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Keyword Analysis
In Rank Math, you can analyze your content for SEO using the focus keyword. Upon inserting the focus keyword, you will get several suggestions divided into Basic SEO, Additional, and Title Readability. You will find preparing your content for SEO very easy and comforting using the focus keyword and suggestions.
In Yoast SEO, the SEO score is divided into three categories, Good, OK, and Bad. Upon insertion of the focus keyphrase, you will see several suggestions on how to improve your content’s SEO. In the premium version, you also get to use multiple focus keyphrases. The Yoast SEO also included Readability scores that determine the readability of your content.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Pricing
Rank Math has 3 types of simple pricing plans. The Pro version for a single user comes at a yearly fee of $59. You can also get the Business package at $199 and the Agency package at $499. You can also use the premium version with any free WordPress themes for WooCommerce.
The Yoast SEO premium plugin is available for purchase at a yearly fee of $99. You can also choose the Plugin Subscription package at a yearly fee of $299, which includes 5 premium Yoast plugins.
In this article, we have discussed different aspects of Rank Math SEO and Yoast SEO plugins. Though Rank Math has incredible features to make your content SEO-ready, Yoast SEO has a simpler and more powerful version you can use to appear your content on the internet.
The Rank Math has detailed features you can use for SEO optimization, while the Yoast made it simpler to perform better SEO optimization for your content. So we can say that Yoast SEO is ahead of the Rank Math in both popularity and performance. Feel free to check out our article on Divi vs Flatsome theme comparison to get insights on the two most popular premium WordPress themes.